Opening ceremony director dismissed after past comments on Holocaust, Tokyo 2020 says


Bywire - Claim your free account nowBywire - love news, hate ads?

TOKYO - The director of the opening ceremony of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics has been dismissed, organisers said on Thursday, following news reports about his past comments on the Holocaust.

Tokyo 2020 President Seiko Hashimoto told a briefing that Kentaro Kobayashi had been dismissed because of past comments that made fun of a tragedy.

(Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka; Writing by David Dolan; Editing by Shri Navaratnam)

Bywire will email you from time to time with news digests, stories & opportunities to get involved. Privacy

Bywire - Claim your free account nowBywire - love news, hate ads?