Job Title: Writer/journalist
The Job: To produce articles based around the crypto/blockchain sector, with a dedicated focus on everything EOS and EOSIO related. The EOS community, foundation, Eden, Block.one and everything in between will be your “patch”. You will help Bywire become the most comprehensive source of news of information emerging from the EOS scene, informing and growing the community through accurate, informative and thoughtful engagement. Always seeking evidence based truth, irrespective of where it leads, or to whom.
Place: Remote working
Hours and wages: Starting at $1500 + bonus per month paid in EOS - 30/40 hours per week - freelancer (potential equity offers for right candidates). This will grow significantly as we raise further investment and crowdfunding campaigns over the coming months.
Additionally we will pay for specific stories, contact us for details and to present pitches.
More about Bywire: Bywire News is a world first, revolutionary democratic news and content platform where you can read news that you know you can trust.
We have partnered with many of the most popular independent media publishers and creators from across the UK, and soon the globe, to create a fully-customisable, democratic, accountable, audience-led news and media network and mobile application (App).
We are building our tech on the EOS Public Blockchain and working with many in the EOS community and further to deliver high quality EOSIO innovation and assist with the technology proliferation.
- Writing - Aiming to excite and inform an audience through concise and engaging writing is hugely important for those with little time flooded with content. Good grammar and spelling are essential. Being able to write to spec and to a deadline is also essential.
- Communication - both interpersonal and electronic. Mastery of basics like video conferencing, shared online documents and Slack are essential skills
- Deep understanding of EOS, EOSIO the EOS community and blockchain/crypto technology in general.
- Investigative - finding good stories and knowing your patch will be essential, but a desirable skill will be to dig deeper and find stories that no one else is talking about. Exclusives should be your driving force and will be rewarded with bonus’.
- Attention to detail - good grammar, presentation and spelling skills are essential. Ensuring what you put out is factually correct and accurate to the highest standard is a core principle.
- Personable - You will need to work with a variety of people as well as being directed by your team manager and will need the ability to understand needs of journalism in a digital landscape.
- Adaptable - can learn new skills quickly, and eagerly.
- Self managed - You should be able to manage your time well
- Flexible - Willingness to work irregular hours, mostly self directed, with occasional call for late livestreams and necessary meetings.
- Remote Working - is comfortable working with many people in many different places
- Good initiative - we will want ideas pitched and presented to us, and for not only quick responses but anticipation of what key stories there will be emerging, trends, breakthroughs etc.
Apply via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Software Engineers and WordPress Developers
We are a start-up tech company that is leading in technology for fake news detection and blockchain. You should be able to build plugins or templates from scratch. You will be working with our CTO and we will know your code quality instantly. A big bonus is that you can get the opportunity to learn to interact with the eos blockchain. Anyone with AI/ML and data visualisation experience would have a big advantage as it would be very helpful for our fake news detector.
At the moment we have a fun project for a skilled python developer. We are currently using ming to map python classes to mongodb documents, however this is causing us problems as it slows down significantly after 10k records, has trouble handling asynchronous events and has quite some boilerplate code. Therefore we need someone to write a lightweight orm to map python classes to mongodb documents that satisfies the following requirements.
1. It needs to be able to loop over 250k documents, edit them and store the changes. Being able to process several 100s documents per second without significantly slowing down or leaking memory.
2. When two threads access the same document it needs contain the same data. This happens for example in asynchronous callbacks where the results sometimes arrive before changes are stored in the database, but sometimes we never get an answer. We would like to have a lock when a document is changed, but not wait for potentially long operations to finish (i.e. storing a document, requesting data from an api etc.).
3. We want to define the properties/keys only once and how values are mapped to mongodb should be inferred from the type. As this saves typing a lot of boiler plate code for storing and saving strings, floats etc.
4. Access to the data fields should be through properties or as dictionary keys.
5. Preferrably use pymongo as a driver, but we are open to discuss alternatives. However it must work on Linux, mac and windows.
6. Of course we need the source code. (All code to be deployed to GitHub)
Since we are looking at Bywire to attract skilled developers and this is a fun start up project please let us know if you are interested in working long term with us, what your hourly wage would be and how much you will change for this project. You will receive bonus points and a consulting fee if are able to avoid the project by recommending a library that satisfies these requirements. There are also equity and profit share deals available for the right people.
Apply via email (email@example.com)